SCIM, System for Cross-Domain Identity Management, is an application protocol that manages and communicates across domains with high security. SCIM communicates user identity and creates a bridge between service providers and identity providers. SCIM Clients are integrated to manage the CRUD (Create, Replace, Update, Delete) operations, apply queries and filters, and create user groups across teams within organizations. SCIM allows the automation of user lifecycles and maintains different user accounts in the platform.
How Does OmniDefend Help with SCIM Authentication?
- IT Departments can seamlessly manage user accounts and lifecycle management processes via a single application.
- Employee accounts can be created or derived from external systems without any hassle.
- New joiners are automatically supplied with their user accounts along with access to specific applications.
- Profile updates and other changes are updated automatically across systems.
- Inactive employee accounts are deactivated from their applications.
Why Use SCIM?
OmniDefend and SCIM Integration
OmniDefend integrates with SCIM as both a service provider and identity provider. This allows the service provider, as a third-party client tool, to access, add, modify, and delete user information within OmniDefend. As an identity provider, OmniDefend utilizes SCIM Identity Management to provision and manage users’ access to third-party applications.
OmniDefend and SCIM Identity Management together can reduce the IT Department hassle related to provisioning and deprovisioning accounts when employees join, leave, or shift roles elsewhere within the organization.